Welcome to the Official Website of State Earthquake Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Agency (SERRA).The catastrophic earthquake measuring 7.6 on Richter Scale struck on October 8, 2005 with and triggered. 1,400 aftershocks rocking AJK and parts of KP and wreaking havoc in Muzaffarabad, Bagh, Rawalakote and Balakote cities as well as in the rural areas. There was timely response from Pakistan Army as well as the people of Pakistan who rushed to help the stricken people. The Government of Pakistan was able to mobilize international community for help and the world community immediately responded.
A swift response from national and international community helped the Federal Government to launch Operation Life Line in a tough, inhospitable terrain. After the successful completion of the relief and early recovery the difficult phase of reconstruction was started. A specialized body Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA) was created by Federal Government on October 24, 2005. Its counterpart body State Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Agency (SERRA) took up the reconstruction programme at the State Level. Under the auspices of ERRA and SERRA a massive reconstruction programme was started that covered 12 sectors. The aim was to build the structures better by employing earthquake resistant techniques. So far, 68 percent physical progress of the whole portfolio has been achieved. Though hampered by reduced cash flows since 2010, the effort of SERRA is still commendable as it is marked by resilience, dynamism and commitment to work. The whole staff is imbued with the spirit to give its best for a noble cause. SERRA has the overall management responsibility within the State for Reconstruction and Rehabilitation efforts.
- Provide managerial and institutional capabilities for implementation where the State Line Departments and district agencies do not have capabilities to implement the sub-projects.
- Support Steering Committee in performance of its functions and undertake all the works assigned to it by the Steering Committee.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of District Annual Work Plans for all Programme components and ensure that all Plans are prepared and submitted for approval as per specified schedule and formats.
- Examine the Plans prepared by the Districts and ensure that they are in line with the ERRA guidelines and Programme documents and submit consolidated Plans for the consideration and approval of Programme Steering Committee.
- Provide technical and management backstopping to District Reconstruction Units (DRUs) in all aspects of Programme management.
- Prepare Annual Plans and budgets for all the State level activities.
- Ensure prompt submission of Annual Work plans approved by Programme Steering Committee to ERRA.
- Prepare working papers for the State Steering Committee meetings and prepare minutes of the meeting and decisions taken there in and circulate to all concerned in a timely manner.
- Prepare Quarterly work plans for the AJK-ERA related activities and manage their implementation in an efficient manner.
- Establish appropriate financial management, according and reporting systems with due regard for transparency and accountabilities.
- Establish robust monitoring and evaluation system to ensures that all Programme activities are implemented in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Generate quarterly and annual progress reports for the information of Programme Steering Committee, ERRA and ERRA Council on specified formats and as per specified deadlines.
- Promptly inform the Programme Steering Committee of any developments that may have a bearing on smooth implementation of Programme activities.
- Perform all other planning, coordination and implementation functions as notified by ERRA and Steering Committee from time and as agreed with Asian Development Bank and World Bank in their respective loan documents.